Tuesday 4 May 2010

Term 2- weeks 1 & 2

What happened to week 1 and 2 of Term 2 .?? Well maybe I should explain. During the Easter school holidays, we attend a Catholic Homeschool camp in Fitzroy Falls, in the southern highlands of NSW. It is a week spent with many other Catholic families immersed in everything Catholic. Daily Mass, Adoration, Confession, Rosary, Eucharistic procession, Talks for all ages, sports, walks, this year canoeing for those who dared the cold water!, dining with the masses and lots of chatting & fun.

It started me thinking, this is really a school week, so this was week 1 of Term 2, in the holidays.

I could continue to rattle off, how it fitted our school week, but....I won't. So we swapped weeks around, not that I am that strict, but why not. It ticks all the boxes. Only in homeschooling can you be this flexible.

So where is week 2??

In the Northern Territory. !!! It was a week of excursions, all types of travel, PE- swimming, walking, hiking, nature studies, writing, reading, maybe maths!!, geography, history, Aboriginal culture, music and art appreciation. I think we covered it all. As Dermot says it was a very expensive excursion!, a great school week.

So here we are in week 3 back home and attempting to 'get back into it', after such a fun and jam packed month.

2 comments:

Therese said...

I love the flexibility too.

Hope you can get back into the work this week. The home schooling camp sounds great.

Leanne said...

Yes the camp is great and dd is doing much better ant getting into than me.