Friday 26 September 2008

Mass today

It has always been a tradition since we started homeschooling to attend Mass on a Friday to end our school week. Today just as I received the Eucharist, I was reminded that when we receive Jesus we become the tabenacle. It just blew me away, and made my pray so much alive.
I then shared this with our 10 yr old, and continued talking about purity of heart and not defiling our bodies as Jesus lives in us. It really stirred up some thought and conversation in the car on the way home.
We then began talking about fasting and why I do not eat anything from Breakfast until Mass at 1205hrs. I would like to fast more, but this is a start. It was a great opportunity to talk about our Crosses and praying for others. Brid came back with 'it gives us a hunger for Jesus'. Such power in our messages to each other today.
I could not have taught it better if i had tried. It was definitely a God moment. Praise you Lord.

No comments: